Sunday, September 14, 2014

The Undelivered Letter to Pratibha's brother

 (July 31,2 014)
 
Dear Prashant Bhaiya

Though it looks quite childish of a grown up man like me to bother you every now and then, there are certain things that I am sure can be eased out only with your help. I approach to you and your wisdom as you can feel a man's concern as a person, as a husband and a professional too despite being a girl's brother. That's why I have faith in your neutrality.

It's been about a year since Pratibha returned after a long stay at her mother's house. It was due to your tough talking and strict directions to her that helped a lot in achieving peace in our family life.

But as you know Pratibha's nature far well than me, I think whatever I am going to share you can understand how much it could be truth or false, ethical or unethical, justified or unjustified.

Till April, everything was going on absolutely fine. Then she went along with your family to Vrindavan. I don't know what disillusion she got from that visit that she felt completely changed in her behaviour. She started replying back quite rudely, making remarks or saying something something about anybody and everybody. Surely, I interrupted her strictly but she never bothered what she was doing. 

But for past few months, Pratibha has adopted some strange habits that have now turned impossible for me to tolerate. 

The biggest reason is that she has sharpened her old habit of exaggerating things and lying. 

If she is asked to not do something. She turns it such a big issue as if she is being made a slave or prisoner. She wants nobody should tell her about changing any habit. At times she provokes me to the extent of literally challenging saying: "Kya kar loge marogey mujhe, marogey...aur kar hi kya sakte ho". 

CHAKU
Last to last month (In early May), I had asked her to first go and put on her hearing machine. But she shouted on me in front of Neelam didi, Pooja, Manushree and Dhairya. I didn't reply and just closed my eyes and slept in the sofa to control my reaction. After 30 minutes, she arrived near me and put pillows on me. I put aside one. She again put it on me forcefully. I threw it around. Then she put a chair on me. 

When I threw back the pillow on her while telling her never try dare to get physical with me like that, she started shouting before mumma saying: "Mumma dekho mujhe mar rahe hain..aur Inke Haath Mein Agar CHAKU aa jaye to wo bhi mar dengey"

Mumma, came from other room with Chanchal and both shouted at me and asked me to explain why I threw that sofa pillow on her. When I told them to first ask Pratibha why she forcefully put pillows on me and then put even chair on me, she had no explanation. I stopped talking to her for a week due to her this false allegation and behaviour. 

She later accepted that she was angry over something not directly related to me. Think of my condition, if she would have called you while crying to tell her mummy or daddy that I was beating or trying "to kill" her, you would have never believed my version over phone. But I am mentioning it especially to tell HOW she makes up things to her favour.

Imprisonment
As you also know I never stopped her if she ever wished to visit your home, she still makes it a big quarrel if she is asked why she wants to go every month unwantedly. She would say that I wish to cage her in a prison. 

This was the reason why she fought with me to visit mummy's place last time (barely 10 days after Vrindavan visit with her mummy and family). I felt highly irritated over her allegations and I instead made her stay there for a week. I am sure she would have never told you about it.
 
Phones
If you remember I just asked her not to call mummy or sister because of past incidents and her habit of misreporting daily happenings in our house. She has never stopped it. Despite my requests, she never stopped calling. But since returning from there, she has increased this habit and has been calling (I don't know whom) from outside when she visits temple or goes out to buy any household thing. She has never been denied to call anyone except the two and she admits it. 

Temple
Despite your questioning her on temple visits, she has never stopped it. I have told her, requested her and adviced her innumerable times to not spend one hour in the temple (including five minutes of milk purchasing). Especially, when she is required at home. 

She listened to me after many heated arguments and reduced the time by 10-15 minutes that too for a few days. If I tell her that she shouldn't spend so much time in Mandir when it is time for a breakfast or she may be required at home for a cup of tea, she made it as if I am "trying to take away her FREEDOM".  

Last time when Preeti didi's gudiya fell, I rushed to the temple to find her out and convey didi's message. I went inside the small temple and searched for her everywhere, she was not there. I waited for 15 minutes outside the temple and returned. She later said I would not have checked properly. When I later shouted, she said " Main kisi ko milne nahin gayi hui thi". 

Instead of shouting or quarreling I have adopted to stop talking for a few days whenever I am "highly irritated" from her remarks or allegations.

She went missing for an hour
In the latest incident Monday, she got late in getting ready and I left her at home for clicking sunset from the nearby Metro station, as the light was almost ending and I was to rush. When I returned after 15 minutes to pick her up and take to some other place, she was absent. For the next one hour (6.30 to 7.40 p.m. ) , I kept waiting for her to return. And, nobody knew about her. When I asked her where she was and why without telling anyone, she said she opted to spend time inside Mandir as she was feeling mentally disturbed! I asked why did she again went there despite it being late evening and my objections to it, she said "Kar lo , Kar lo ...Mujhe Qaid kar ke rakhna chahte ho"  

In another latest incident (Wednesday), she asked me to go to Income Tax department for some work. She said she wanted to enquire about something. I said "okay go early in the morning but dont' get late". I met her on the road when she was leaving. I asked her I could drop her to metro station or somewhere nearby. She said " nahin nahin aap jao, main apne aap Jaoongi" . It was 11.15 a.m.. She returned home at about 6.00 p.m. (5.45). I asked her why? She said: "Jaake puch lo main Sidhant C.A. se mili thi income tax department mein". I asked her but the income tax department was at ITO and it takes just 15 minutes on bike and 10-15 minutes on metro then what took her so long in a government department just to enquire one or two sentence from any officer? She said: "Main wahin thi" " Jaa kar puch lo".When I asked her in a shouting manner she said: "Ho sakta hai na mujhe aur bhi koi kaam ho". I said but how could it take "Seven hours!!!!" Pratibha's answer was: "Sare kaam ek kamre se nahin ho sakte, Ja kar pata kar lo mere bare mein I.T office se...jaise ke mere office mein pehle Guptchar lagaye they" 

I need to inform and ask you if I am wrong in asking about her whereabouts in such situations. What if tomorrow you will ask me why didn't you check if she did not return for so many hours? Why didn't you tell us she was provoking you or hiding so many things from you? 

Bhaiya, I bored you with all this stuff, because I want you to know it all. I am sure she still keeps reporting or cooking up stories to win "shaabashi" from her family (without letting anyone know about the reality). But the kind of "serial style" lifestyle she is fast adapting is quite dangerous for peace in a married life. 

She feels she has nothing to lose or there is nothing bad in being sent home till her family is supporting her. But trust my words, she is killing her own family life with such an attitude. 
And, please don't forget asking her when was the last time she cooked meal twice in a day.

Regards

No comments:

Post a Comment